Leaving your life history or story is a priceless legacy to your family. Children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and those even further in the future will treasure what you have to say. When photos are added the importance of your history will increase in value to your descendants.
Our life story/history includes the following:
- 10 – 12 hours of interviews — This is really a conversation, and these interviews will be completed over a number of days, usually lasting one to two hours each. We have found that this length of time is most comfortable for those we interview. These interviews will cover their/your life, starting with family history (talking about parents and grandparents, aunts/uncles, cousins and siblings). Over the many years we have been doing these interviews, we are good at developing a rapport and creating a fun atmosphere. They will enjoy the time we spend together. Other family members can be interviewed for added input into the story.
- Transcribe the audio interviews.
- Using the transcriptions, prepare a narrative that will be a detailed life story.
- Scan approximately 300 photos, or as many as you can find to be used in the story/history. We feel that the photos are what really make this project outstanding. Most of the photos we use in this book will be black and white (even if they are originally color, many of the old color prints look better in black and white).
- Design and layout this story/history suitable for publishing
- Provide a draft copy for you and others to review and make changes (remove or add things)
- Arrange for printing
AND get books printed